Museum of Pedagogy

OPEN NOW

OPEN NOW

The Museum of Pedagogy was founded in 1896 by the Teachers’ Association of Serbia with the mission to collect and preserve teaching aids and all other assets of pedagogical and historical significance for primary schools and teachers. The museum was, unfortunately, completely destroyed in both world wars.

The museum was rebuilt and modernized after 1945, and has been working since 1969 with the permanent exhibit “Ten Centuries of Serbian School in the Building of the Belgrade Lyceum (Realka)”. The visitors are introduced to the history of schools in Serbia from the 9th to the early 20th century in a clear and accessible way, through original items, documents, photographs and books.

RELATED CONTENT