Designed by Franz Loran, the Terazije Fountain was erected in 1860 to mark the return of Prince Milos Obrenovic to the throne. It was fashioned in the romantic style and represents one of the most important monuments from Prince Milos era in Belgrade.
Terazije Fountain is 6.35m high and the upper part of its pillar bears the initials “M.O.” and the year 1860. It lies at the centre of Terazije Square, at the site of an erstwhile tower-shaped water tank. During the regulation works in 1911, it was moved on the yard of the Topchider church, only to be recreated in Terazije Square in 1975, not at its original site, but on the plateau in front of the Moscow Hotel.