Church of Holy Virgin

cover image
Built in 1780, Church of Holy Virgin is the largest temple in the old part of Zemun, with one nave, shallow choir areas and slender two-storey bell tower which rises from the west facade. It has a rich carved baroque iconostasis. The first large church bell was set up in 1815 and later on two more were set up. The church has a rich treasury and collection of books and archive material, especially important being the Gospel of Moscow from 1782.