House of the family Veljkovic

cover image
The courtyard house was built between 1878 and 1883. Since the end of the 19th century, the family Veljkovic has left an indelible mark with its active commitment to the overall social development. The artistic pavilion, intended for exhibiting paintings and sculptures, was built in 1931, according to the design of architects and architectural engineers Vojislav Djokic and Aleksandar Gavrilovic. In the period between the two world wars, this was the first museum of European art in the region.